Coca Cola Bottling Company of Northern New England

Corporate Involvement


Londonderry Production Center (LPC) is the first franchise bottler in the U.S. to receive both ISO 22000 and 9001 certificates.

  • ISO22000 Certified – food safety (August 2009)
  • ISO9001 Certified – overall quality (June 2010)
  • ISO14001 Certified – environmental
  • OHSAS18001 Certified – safety

CCNNE pioneered an innovative water-management system and continues to be recognized as a leader in water management.

  • CCNNE’s Londonderry Production Center reuses and recycles approximately 20 million gallons of water annually.
  • Water savings come from collecting water that is lost during filtration and using it for cooling, irrigation, washing shells and pallets, and container rinsing. LPC has also converted the bottle line conveyors to a waterless lubricant, saving water and minimizing water rinses at the filters, all while maintaining product quality.
  • LPC was recognized as “best in class” as one of the most efficient bottling plants in the country.

Compressed air:

  • A new Atlas Copco air compressor (variable speed) has been ordered for the blow-molding operation and upsized to supply all plant compressed air. This should save about 580,000 kWh annually.

Snow removal system for trailers:

  • Installed in January of 2012 to remove snow from the top of trailers after storms. This will prevent snow/ice from blowing off the trailers while driving.

Waste & recycling:

  • In July 2016 LPC achieved a 96% recycling rate, with the remaining 4% of materials compacted and sent to a waste-to-energy facility. LPC is now proudly a zero-waste facility!

Packaging:

  • LPC has reduced packaging by 10 percent over the past five years by converting to smaller cap closures, which reduces the amount of plastic material used in bottles. LPC has saved approximately 1.5 million pounds annually.

LPC is energy efficient, with some of the lowest ratios of energy per liter of product produced in the U.S. (0.28 megajoules per liter of product produced, compared to national average of 0.40).

  • Re-lamped the entire facility in 2015 saving 833,000 KWH.

Coca-Cola of Northern New England Pioneers Innovative Water Management System